Firstly you’ll need to create your video using http://viddyad.com/. For format queries see Video formats . YouTube Ads are run in conjunction with Google Adwords and Trueview (a set of ad formats that only charge advertisers when their video is watched). YouTube Ads are particularly beneficial as their targeting is based upon an individuals likes and interests increasing the chances of your video ad getting viewed on other Google display network websites.
Once your Google Adwords account is set up, you can link a campaign to YouTube and run your ad as follows;
Set targeting by the following
- Demographics: age, gender, location
- Topics: choose category or sub categories
- Interests: Target users interested in these topics
- Placements: You can target popular blogs or the homepage of popular news sites.
- Channels (YouTube Partner Channels)
- Videos (YouTube Videos)
- Sites (Google Display Network – includes YouTube.com as a publisher
Call to Action overlays
The overlay will appear as soon as the video begins to play and this can be closed by the user. Overlays can be used to share information about video content , your YouTube channel, website and other videos. When users click on the overlay, they will be directed to your external website. For help creating overlays click here.
The following formats are available on YouTube Video Ads;
- In-stream video ads (Display ad builder and AdWords for video)
- Click-to-Play ads (Display ad builder)
- YouTube TrueView video ads (AdWords for video)
Content is the most important aspect of your YouTube Ad campaign.
NOTE: Users can usually skip ads after 5 seconds so make your Ad stand out from the offset.
- YouTube Promoted Videos: The Future of Paid Search? (epiphanysearch.co.uk)
- YouTube TrueView Video Ads (epiphanysearch.co.uk)
- How to create a playlist on YouTube (green-umbrella.biz)
- How To Do YouTube Video Marketing (piercharles.com)
- Google Throws Weight Behind YouTube and Buffs up Production Services (redbricksmedia.com)
- How to Make the Worst YouTube Video in the World (gizmodo.com)
- What Microsoft and Google’s YouTube row says about the future of web development (zdnet.com)
- ADL orders YouTube to disable Press TV account (presstv.com)