Having a Google account is like having an online master key, it opens a lot of doors. With this all powerful account you can link your YouTube account to your Gmail to your Google+ to your AdWords. Yes, it’s one big web of products but helpful products no less, especially for small businesses. How efficient is it to have all your accounts under the one email address and password? Viddyad aims to clear up some questions people may have about Google accounts:
Your Google account is set up once you have signed up to a Google product, for example YouTube or Gmail. If you don’t have one, Google being Google, they make it very simple – fill out this form and you’re started, yes it’s that simple.
Linking all accounts is essentially done for you (except with Google Analytics), and this is quite helpful when setting up an AdWords account for your business. AdWords for Video accounts can also be linked to YouTube by doing the following:
Sign into your Google AdWords for Video account. Below you will see linked accounts section:
Hit link account, followed by ‘+link YouTube account’ and yes, it’s done, again very simple.
To unlink your account visit http://www.youtube.com/my_account_unlink
The following products are excellent for small businesses.
Central to any business is their calender, Google calender allows meeting booking and confirmation, now with Apple integration it allows direct calender reminders to your device.
I know many companies prefer to use Dropbox but Drive is good for small team collaboration and is faster as there is no ‘conflicted copies’ and many people can work on one document at once and it all saves together in one big Google happy family. Drive also allows you to create Google forms, great for market research!
For this you need to sign up (its not automatic like other Google products) and register your company website. Conversion rates among all other activity on your site can be measured with Analytics.
- Google AdWords Adds Cross-Account Conversion Tracking & MCC Search Funnels (searchengineland.com)
- Running Your YouTube Ad campaign (viddyad.com)
- Google Integrated Search – Smart or pass? (variant4.wordpress.com)
- Google Analytics Account Set-Up Best Practice (epiphanysearch.co.uk)
- No Google Account? Here’s how to share your work with Mr. Fitz! (thebengalden.wordpress.com)
- What’s Happening To Our Evil Microsoft – Windows Phone 8 GDR2 To Support Google Services (winextra.com)
- How to Use the New Google AdWords Keyword Planner (iacquire.com)
- We Need To Talk, Google (f-secure.com)
- How To Add An Additional User To Your Google Webmaster Tools Account (jdrgroup.co.uk)