At any conference it’s hard to stand out from the crowd and Dublin Websummit will be no different! With some of the best start ups in attendance, something a bit more ‘out there’ will be required.
Here’s some tips to get your business noticed when attending a big conference like Websummit;
Have an EPIC stand/table
Now we’re not saying decorate everything in florescent colors (unless that’s your brands color scheme) or even a 50ft logo somewhere. Just make it better than your immediate competitors. Simple, cheap ideas include free coffee and treats at your table. Two reasons; (i) everyone loves free stuff (free food even more!) and (ii) hunger makes people grumpy. Keep them fed and they’ll be happy!
Make sure to bring your most chatty, knowledgable and upbeat staff with you. Networking means EVERYTHING! If they can gladly answer any questions and have fun whilst doing it, you need them there. Have 1 spotter and 1 base man -
Spotters: get people to come to your table and have a chat. (Tip: tell them about your free stuff , or hand them a coffee and they’ll surely follow.)
The Base Man: stay at the table and know both your products and business inside out! If your Spotter does well, you’re going to be swamped! (it’ll be worth it)
Use the eventHashtag
This gives your tweets way more reach and allows other attendees to see what your up to!
Tweet us at: @viddyad using the official hashtag of the event #Websummit
‘We’re the platform, you’re the producer’
- Tech Crunch Disrupt Europe – Arabic Pavilion (wamda.com)
- AngelHack Jakarta winner at San Francisco for Global Demo Day (e27.co)
- TechCrunch Disrupt SF Coming Soon (getresponse.com)
- Last Chance To Register For Disrupt SF Startup Alley (techcrunch.com)
- Conferences to Expand Entrepreneurs’ Minds and Businesses (under30ceo.com)
- San Diego’s Vibrant Startup Community Shows Up For A Night Of Stellar Pitches (ishaqam.wordpress.com)
- Get Ready Start-ups & Techies: Disrupt Conference Returns! (dailyfinance.com)
- You can’t attend? – TechCrunch “Disrupt” livestream – Sept 12-14, 2011 (nextlevelofnews.com)
- .ME Announce Spark.me Startup Competition (prweb.com)
- Sign Up For Hardware Alley At Disrupt SF, Be Considered A Giant Among Your Peers (techcrunch.com)