On Tuesday YouTube announced that in November , videos will be able to be downloaded to be viewed in offline mode!,but there’s a catch; it states in their blog ‘for a short period ‘. Speculation suggests there will be a set quota on offline viewing or viewers will only see snippets of their offline videos. Which ever it is, we wait in anticipation. This update from YouTube is proof of the ever growing popularity of online video, giving users the opportunity to save and watch videos offline shows the industry is soaring to new heights and video is more popular than ever.
BrandAds product BrandAds Bridge
BrandAds CEO, Avi Brown, said they saw a need for more transparency in video ad campaign effectiveness, we agree, the more tools small businesses can use to help with their video ad campaigns the better. Brown and his team have developed BrandAds Bridge, to measure video ad performance in real-time. This is a welcome tool to the video Ad industry and it will give power to small businesses and agencies alike to view ROI in real time more efficiently.
Features that BrandAds bridge will provide:
The platform has several dashboards showing real-time effectiveness and engagement metrics. Much like other tools , it gives advertisers data to show where changes are needed to run a more effective ad campaign. “At a time when there is an aggressive doubling down on video ads from brands, we wanted to give them unbiased data so they can buy smarter.” Brown
The tool also provides viewability metrics.. “Viewability will eventually be the norm. It’s where digital advertising is going, ” says Brown.
‘We’re the platform, you’re the producer’
- Some Question Just How Great Online Video Engagement Is (adweek.com)
- YouTube adding offline viewing to mobile apps (theverge.com)
- YouTube mobile app to get partial offline viewing in November (androidcommunity.com)
- YouTube mobile apps to get “offline viewing” support in November (vr-zone.com)
- From November, YouTube will let users watch videos offline in its app (thenextweb.com)
- Offline Viewing Is Coming to YouTube’s Mobile Apps (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Running Your YouTube Ad campaign (viddyad.com)