According to Videology and as of Q2 of this year
- FMCG products have 29% of the video ad market in Europe
- Consumer goods are the most advertised in the US with 35% of the market
- FMCG video ads take up 26% of the video ad market place
In all three markets, entertainment websites are main focus for advertisers, both European and US market insights showed that 55% of video advertisers use entertainment websites to published their video ads.
Videology research showed the following for video view completion and click through rates
- Views in the age bracket of 65+ have the highest click through rate in all markets
- In both the UK and wider European markets views between the age of 25-34 have the highest video completion rate, however in the US market 18-24 year olds have the highest view completion percentages.
- Germany mobile video consumption reached 33.5 percent of smartphone users
- Italy and Spain also showed strongest growth with Spain leading the ranking as 40.2 percent of smartphone users watched a video or TV that month (June 2013)
- The UK’s video consumption reached 37.2 percent of smartphone users and 26.5 percent of French smartphone owners accessed video content on their mobile as of June 2013.
The US retail industry will spend as estimated $9.42 billion this year on paid digital media. From the graph below , this number is expected to rise to $13.5 billion in 2017.
Who will be next to launch video ads as an advertising solution ?
- Facebook is also expected to launch video ads, they will join LinkedIn as the only other social network that has video ads as an advertising product. Facebook owned Instagram seems to be in pole position to have video ads as part of advertising products. Users will begin to see ”occasional ad” in the “next couple months,” Instagram said.
Check out some videos we’ve put together all with stock images and clips:
‘We’re the platform, you’re the producer’
- Recipe for video Ad success (viddyad.com)
- Facebook Inc (FB) Wants Video Ads (insidermonkey.com)
- Ads in iPhone/iPad games getting too intrusive? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Videology Places in Top 25 on Inc. 500′s Roster of Fastest Growing Advertising & Marketing Companies (sys-con.com)
- Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis told VA doctors he was not thinking of harming … – Washington Post (washingtonpost.com)
- Facebook Pushes Back Unveiling of Video Ads (socialmediatoday.com)
- How to Take Advantage of the Upcoming Facebook Video Ads (pschaecker.wordpress.com)
- Egypt police storm area near Cairo, officer killed – Reuters (reuters.com)
- McCain Sharply Criticizes Putin – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Looming showdown over Obamacare may lead to gov’t shutdown – CBS News (cbsnews.com)