In the last week Google has made an announcement about shared endorsement ads. +1s can already be shown in ads run of the Google Adwords platform but this update allows more social information such as reviews, posts and rates to be used in ads.
How will they appear ?
Below is a mock up taken from Googles terms of service update which shows reviews just below the ads.
What it means for privacy ?
This does not change your privacy settings, when you +1 a page, recommend or review one you can choose as to whether or not your profile picture and name are displayed in the shared endorsement ads. For further information on personal privacy settings visit https://plus.google.com/settings/endorsements?hl=en
How businesses can create these type of ads:
‘We’re the platform, you’re the producer’
- Google to Change Terms to Use Your Identity in Ads (dailyfinance.com)
- How To Opt-Out of Google+ Shared Endorsements or Ads? (vlogg.com)
- Google Joins Facebook In Destroying Your Privacy (youviewed.com)
- How to disable Shared Endorsement Ads on Google (ghacks.net)
- Google will soon put your face, name, and content in its ads (arstechnica.com)
- Google plans user names, comments in ads (stuff.co.nz)
- How to remove your name and picture from Google’s new shared endorsement ads [Guide] (dottech.org)
- How to keep your real name and face out of Google’s ads (pcworld.com)
- FAQ: All About Google’s New “Shared Endorsement” Ads (marketingland.com)